If you’re like me, you’re always looking for light colorful dishes that can be made ahead of time and eaten hot or cold. For me this is my pasta salad. It is bursting with flavor, and the lemon juice adds just the right amount of tank. You can use your favorite vegetables to make this recipe your own. Simple toss your favorite veggies in a skillet with oil and spices. Add lemon juice to make a dressing right in the pot and fold it into some cooked pasta. It’s that simple. But if you need a list of suggested ingredients, here’s mine:
Colorful Pasta Salad
- olive oil
- lemon juice or vinegar
- black beans
Here’s how I put it together:
- Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil and spices in a large saucepan.
- Add vegetables and beans; saute until vegetables are softened but crunchy.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Fold vegetables into pasta.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot or cold.
What is your go, to easy to make, colorful recipe?